This article shows you how to download and install the full version of LightBurn v1.2.01 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing LightBurn v1.2.01 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- LightBurn v1.2.01 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install LightBurn v1.2.01
- Required files
About the software
LightBurn talks directly to your laser, without the use of additional software.
We currently support most Ruida, Trocen, TopWisdom, and GCode based controllers. Supported GCode controllers,include Grbl, Smoothieware, Grbl-LPC, and Marlin. Supported Ruida controllers include the RDC6442G/S, RDC6445G, RDC6332G, RDLC-320A, and R5-DSP. Supported Trocen controllers include the AWC708C, AWC608, and TL-3120. More controllers will be added soon, so if you don’t see yours listed, send us a message – maybe we’re already working on it!
If your controller is GCode, Ruida, Trocen, or TopWisdom based, even if it’s not listed it might be supported already – Download the free trial and try it for yourself. If it doesn’t work, sometimes it only takes a day or two to make the required changes to support a new board in these existing families.
Please note that LightBurn does not support the stock M2-Nano board in the popular K40 laser. This board does not offer control of power through software – we recommend upgrading the board to take full advantage of LightBurn.
The main features of LightBurn are:
- Import artwork in a variety of common vector graphic and image formats (including AI, PDF, SVG, DXF, PLT, PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP)
- Arrange, edit, and even create new vector shapes within the editor, with powerful features like offsetting, boolean operations, welding, and node editing
- Apply settings like power, speed, number of passes, cut order, brightness & contrast, dithering mode, and much more
- Send the result directly to your laser cutter
LightBurn v1.2.01 System Requirements
- Windows 64-bit – nearly all modern computers are 64 bit
- Windows 32-bit – some older systems might need this
- Mac OSX
- Linux 64-bit
How to Download and Install LightBurn v1.2.01
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software